Temporary residence of third-country nationals

Residence permits for third-country nationals in Austria

Third-country nationals (“Drittstaatsangehörige”) are all people who are not EU, EEA or Swiss nationals.

More about the residence permits

Staying in Austria temporarily with a residence permit

Are you a third-country national and would like to live and work in Austria for more than six months but do not want to live permanently in the country? Then a temporary residence permit (“Aufenthaltsbewilligung”), also known as temporary stay permits, could be the right type of residence permit for you.

More about the temporarily residence permits

Intra-Corporate Transfers (“ICT”)

Temporary residence of third-country nationals
Are you working as a skilled employee for a multinational company or multinational group of companies? Are you supposed to work for a limited time (maximum of three years) for a subsidiary in Austria within the context of an intra-corporate transfer (“unternehmensinterne Transfer”)?

More about the ICT

Studying (and working) in Austria

In Europe and around the world, Austria is known as a renowned university location. There are more than 70 higher education institutions (universities, universities of applied sciences, etc.) and more than 2,000 courses of study.

More about the studying (and working) in Austria