Long-Term residence of third-country nationals

The Red-White-Red – Card

Austria’s Red-White-Red – Card (“Rot-Weiß-Rot – Karte”) offers a residence permit for third-country nationals who would like to work as skilled employees in Austria and want to stay in Austria on a permanent basis.

Read more about the Red-White-Red – Card

The Red-White-Red – Card Plus

The Red-White-Red – Card Plus (“Rot-Weiß-Rot – Karte Plus”) is a residence permit for third-country nationals that aims at facilitating the long-term stay of skilled workers and their families in Austria.

Read more about the Red-White-Red – Card Plus

The EU Blue Card

The EU Blue Card (“Blaue Karte EU”) targets certain third-country nationals with a binding job offer in a company in Austria which pays them an average salary. The EU Blue Card does not apply a point system like most Red-White-Red – Cards.

Read more about the EU Blue Card

Long-Term Resident EU Permit

After a five-year, uninterrupted stay in Austria, third-country nationals can apply for the residence permit “Long-Term Resident EU permit” (“Daueraufenthalt EU”). This residence permit offers unrestricted access to the Austrian labour market.

Read more about the Long-Term Resident EU Permit

Settlement Permit

he residence permit called Settlement Permit (“Niederlassungsbewilligung”) enables third-country nationals to stay in Austria for a limited period of time and only to work on a self-employed basis, which means that they are not allowed to pursue gainful employment (as a salaried employee).

Read more about the Settlement Permit

Possible residence permits for self-employed individuals

Do you plan to immigrate to Austria as a self-employed person and would like to permanently live and work in Austria?

Read more about this topic

Working as a Researcher in Austria

Are you a third-country national with a PhD or doctorate or Master’s degree giving you access to a doctoral programme? Do you also have a long-term job offer (for a job lasting more than six months) for scientific work as a researcher for a recognised research facility in Austria?

Read more about this topic

Working as an Artist in Austria

You are considered to be an artist when you perform an activity in the field of art. For this purpose, you must be creative and artistic yourself and pursue this work on the basis of your artistic qualifications/aptitude.

Read more about this topic