About Work in Austria
The initiative ABA – Work in Austria was launched in 2019 to promote Austria abroad as a place to work.
ABA – Work in Austria
ABA – Work in Austria is a new department of the Austrian Business Agency, which also encompasses the national investment promotion consultancy ABA – Invest in Austria and the nationwide film commission Location Austria. The Austrian Business Agency operates under the auspices of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs.
Thanks to this expansion, ABA is now positioned as the central point of contact for specialised employees from other countries and as the key driver for presenting Austria as an attractive business and work location. For this purpose,
- Austrian companies are showcased at events held abroad,
- cooperation agreements are arranged with outstanding universities,
- comprehensive information is suppled about Austria as a place to work,
- networking opportunities are organised in Austria and abroad and
- vacant positions for international specialists are compiled and presented in an Austrian-wide online job platform.
A clearing office to serve as the first point of contact and as a one-stop-shop for legal inquiries from companies on hiring skilled international employees is currently under development.
In the initial phase, ABA – Work in Austria will focus on jobs in IT occupations, metal technology and electrical engineering.