SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – RAILWAY APPLICATION (F/M/X)
Thales Austria GmbH
Location: Vienna, Austria
Thales Austria is a full system provider and global supplier of train control technology and traffic management systems (f. ex. European Train Control System (ETCS), Electronic interlockings, Operation Control Centers and dispatching systems, Field elements).
In this role you will be involved in the development of a complex and safety-critical railway interlocking system.
- Analysis of new SW features and reported problems
- Active cooperation in creating requirements at requirement workshops.
- Design of use case scenarios in coordination with the development team.
- Definition of the data model and design by writing design documentation.
- Implementation of software extensions, bug fixes and test of the required functions and bug fixes.
- Module and integration test- Documentation of the implemented SW
- Module test of the implemented SW and rework if necessary
- Integration of the implemented Modules on the target system
- Cooperation in realization and maintenance of quality enhancing measures during the development process
Watch here what it is like to work as a Software Engineer at Thales Austria (Youtube)
- Technical education (HTL/FH/TU) in a related field
- Around 3 years’ experience in SW development
- Basic knowledge of UNIX or LINUX (Command line)
- Experience at least with one higher programming language
- Experience in testing, analysis and bug fixing
- Basic knowledge in:
- Work processes by process-controlled development
- Higher programming languages (CHILL experience advantageous)
- Development environments
- Quality assurance tools (gcov preferred), version control system (ClearCase preferred) and bug reporting tools (JIRA preferred)
- Linux and Windows
- Systematic approach at designing solutions, holistic analysis of problems
- Good English language knowledge (writing and discussing of design specification documents), German preferred
- Challenging, innovative, long-term projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 43.316 g.p.a (IT KV). Actual compensation is based on experience and qualification. A significant overpayment is expected and common practice.
WHO WE ARE
Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation. With 83,000 employees in 68 countries we create tomorrow’s key technologies today.
In the railway area, Thales experts architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. 72,000 kms of route and 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems.
As part of a global technology leader, Thales in Austria delivers key technologies in rail transportation, air traffic, digital identity & security and defence missions tailored to local needs with 400 people based in Vienna. With its unique combination of technology leadership, creativity and employee engagement, Thales in Austria has a key role to play in the digital transformation of its customers.
Whatever your role will be at Thales, your work will make a difference.
Thales Austria is committed to equality and diversity.
In particular female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Great journeys start here!
Apply now on jobs.thalesgroup.com