New College Graduate: Process Engineer (f/m/d)
New College Graduate (NCG) qualified:
What is a NCG? – Any university graduate who is hired within 24 months of completing highest level degree (Post docs must be within 24 months of completing their PhD)
- Responsible for performing professional process engineering research, development, and evaluation in support of the company’s complex semiconductor capital equipment and systems.
- Reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication and evaluation of products. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing.
- May conceive and plan projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in the processing or development of new processes.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process specifications.
- Supports customer technology managers in the planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting of customer demos to defend existing process applications.
- Works with suppliers to make sure required parts and supplies are available.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Professionally represents the company to the customer. Work closely with customer to understand customer issues and demands.
- Ph.D. or M.S in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics
- Familiarity with working in a chemical laboratory.
- Experience in surface preparation and analytical techniques.
- Interest in advanced technology and an on-going desire to learn.
- In-dept understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
- Collaboration/ Matrix environment mindset.
As Technology gets smaller, we think bigger. Let´s prove it!
Lam Research, headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and is a leading supplier of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Nearly every advanced chip today is built with Lam Research technology. In Villach, Lam Research employs more than 670 people for the development and manufacturing of wafer cleaning equipment.
Lam’s wafer fabrication equipment and services allows chipmakers to build smaller, faster, and better performing electronic devices. We combine superior systems engineering, cutting-edge technology and a strong value-based culture with an unwavering commitment to our customer.