Senior Process Engineer (f/m/d)
- Responsible for performing professional process engineering research, development, and evaluation in support of the company’s complex semiconductor capital equipment and systems.
- Reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication and evaluation of products. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing.
- Conceives and plans projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in the processing or development of new processes.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process specifications.
- Supports customer technology managers (CTM) in the planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting of customer demos to defend existing process applications.
- Drives the adoption of new technology at the customer site. Works closely with customer to demonstrate and introduce new technologies at customer sites through demos, on site evaluations, and new tool qualifications.
- Works with customer and senior engineers cross functionally to understand roadmaps, process flow, inflection points, requirements and business issues/ challenges.
- Contributes to product development and release activities.
- May act as CTM-single point of contact accountable for process related requests.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Works with cross-functional teams to get information and results needed.
- Professionally represents the company to the customer. Utilize knowledge of company’s product lines and services to keep existing/ potential customers informed when new/ additional needs are identified.
- Actively addresses any potential issues at the customer site and provide alternative solutions. Drive implementation of new solutions for the customer.
- Flexibility to travel to meet business requirements (<25% of the time)
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics with 5 years of relevant work; or
- M.S. with 8+ years of relevant work experience; or
- B.S. with 12+ years of work experience.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of Process Engineer experience in the semiconductor industry (preferably with clean/wet etch processes)
- Familiarity with working in a chemical laboratory.
- Experience in surface preparation and analytical techniques.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
- Collaboration/ Matrix environment mindset.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement by applying scientific and technical knowledge.
- Able to function well in a fast paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to lead and influence cross functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills in English.
As Technology gets smaller, we think bigger. Let´s prove it!
Lam Research, headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and is a leading supplier of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Nearly every advanced chip today is built with Lam Research technology. In Villach, Lam Research employs more than 670 people for the development and manufacturing of wafer cleaning equipment.
Lam’s wafer fabrication equipment and services allows chipmakers to build smaller, faster, and better performing electronic devices. We combine superior systems engineering, cutting-edge technology and a strong value-based culture with an unwavering commitment to our customer.