Electrical Engineer - Motion Application Engineer (m/f/d)
- Select and implement motion control related systems and components – including setup, parameter setting and control loop tuning of motion controllers, servo drives and motors (servo motors, DC motors and stepper motors in the range of 20W to 2000W).
- Collection and analysis of related data for motion performance validation
- Prepare and analyze test plans and procedures to assure that technical and operational requirements are met and properly demonstrated.
- Troubleshooting on motion related failures and preparing of related documentation.
- Present relevant material and data in preparation for presentation at design, project, and program reviews.
- Work with a multidisciplinary engineering team: electrical, controls, mechanical, software, technical support, productivity engineers, and suppliers, on the design, modification, of custom and OEM components.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience or Bachelor’s degree with 3 years experience or Technical college (HTL) with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with motion control systems
- System level knowledge of Electrical architecture, design of IO Controllers and Applications
- Knowledge of applicable electrical related standards like UL, CE, IEC, SEMI
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent IT knowledge, e.g. MS Windows, MS Office products
- Experience with motion controller (e.g. EtherCAT, Sercos, …) and servo drives (e.g. AC servo, Stepper motor,…)
- Experience with sensors, actuators, field busses, measurement and controls technology
- Able to drive functional requirements and execute in a dynamic team environment
- Familiar with design for serviceability, manufacturability, reliability, etc.
- Proficient at troubleshooting systems with tools like network sniffers, protocol analyzers, and tool logs
- Experience in troubleshooting with problem-solving techniques like 5-why, 8D, fishbones, etc.
- Appreciates learning and understanding challenges and limitations within other disciplines on system designs
- Willingness to travel to international locations
As Technology gets smaller, we think bigger. Let´s prove it!
Lam Research, headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and is a leading supplier of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Nearly every advanced chip today is built with Lam Research technology. In Villach, Lam Research employs more than 670 people for the development and manufacturing of wafer cleaning equipment.
Lam’s wafer fabrication equipment and services allows chipmakers to build smaller, faster, and better performing electronic devices. We combine superior systems engineering, cutting-edge technology and a strong value-based culture with an unwavering commitment to our customer.