Mechanical Engineer - Fluid Mechanics (m/f/d)
- Participate in the concept, modeling, analysis, simulation, development, documentation and test/validation of hardware associated with wet-clean semiconductor equipment
- Present reports, design intent, analysis and validation results at design reviews
- Mechanical engineering and design with focus on ventilation and air distribution
- Air flow simulation and Systems Evaluation/testing - define measures or indicators of system performance and drive actions needed to improve or correct performance.
- Prepare and/or participate on all required deliverables by product development plan
- FMEA, technical specifications, risk analysis, test specification, design reviews
- Close interactions with suppliers and other Lam internal departments to ensure reception of high quality, well tested and cost optimized solutions for defined requirements
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Technical High School (HTL) in Mechanical Engineering + work experience minimum 5-7 years
- Strong analyzing skills and numerical ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with AutoCAD, Inventor or NX (or similar CAD software)
- Good knowledge in MS Office
- Knowledge of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning) System design and development or knowledge of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
- Design of commercial and industrial duct systems including supply, return, exhaust, ventilation, and dust collection systems would be advantage.
- General knowledge of plumbing design would be beneficial but not required. Would include general knowledge of the plumbing code and specific requirements for sanitary sewer and vent piping design, storm sewer piping design, and domestic hot and cold-water piping design.
As Technology gets smaller, we think bigger. Let´s prove it!
Lam Research, headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and is a leading supplier of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Nearly every advanced chip today is built with Lam Research technology. In Villach, Lam Research employs more than 670 people for the development and manufacturing of wafer cleaning equipment.
Lam’s wafer fabrication equipment and services allows chipmakers to build smaller, faster, and better performing electronic devices. We combine superior systems engineering, cutting-edge technology and a strong value-based culture with an unwavering commitment to our customer.